|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (November 2009)|
|11th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry (3 Month)|
|Active||April 30, 1861 to July 30, 1861|
The 11th Illinois Infantry was mustered into Federal service at Springfield, Illinois mustered into Federal service on April 30, 1861 for a three month enlistment.
The regiment remained in garrison at Cairo, Illinois and was mustered out on July 30, 1861.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 10 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 10 fatalities.
- Colonel William H.L. Wallace
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf1.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/011-3fs.htm Illinois in the CivilWar website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|