|13th Regiment Iowa Volunteer Infantry|
Iowa state flag
|Active||October 18, 1861 to July 21, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Shiloh|
Battle of Corinth
Battle of Port Gibson
Battle of Raymond
Battle of Champion's Hill
Battle of Big Black River
Siege of Vicksburg
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Atlanta
Battle of Jonesboro
March to the Sea
Battle of Bentonville
The 13th Iowa Infantry was organized at Davenport, Iowa and mustered in for three years of Federal service between October 18 and November 2, 1861.
The regiment was mustered out on July 21, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The 13th Iowa mustered 1788 men at one time or another during its existence. It suffered 5 officers and 114 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 4 officers and 205 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 328 fatalities.
- List of Iowa Civil War Units
- Iowa in the American Civil War
- http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil405.htm Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/uniainf2.htm#13th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|