|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
|17th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Cavalry|
|Active||January 28, 1864 to December 22, 1865|
The 17th Illinois Cavalry was organized at St. Charles, Illinois between January 28 and February 12, 1864.
The regiment mustered out between November 23 and December 22, 1865 .
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 7 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 1 officer and 86 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 94 fatalities.
- Colonel John L. Beveridge - mustered out February 7, 1866.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilcav2.htm#17th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/cav017-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|