|18th Regiment Alabama Volunteer Infantry (Confederate)|
Flag of Alabama in 1861 (obverse and reverse)
|Active||September 4, 1861 to May 4, 1865|
|Country||Confederate States of America|
|Engagements||Battle of Shiloh|
Battle of Chickamauga
Battle of Jonesboro
Battle of Franklin
Battle of Nashville
The 18th Regiment Alabama Volunteer Infantry was an infantry regiment that served in the Confederate Army during the American Civil War.
The 18th Alabama was mustered in at Auburn, Alabama on September 4, 1861.
The regiment surrendered at Meridian, Mississippi on May 4, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
- Colonel Edward Courtney Bullock
- Colonel James Thadeus Holtzclaw
- Colonel Eli Sims Shorter
- Colonel James Strawbridge (Confederate Officer)
- Alabama Civil War Confederate Units
- Alabama in the American Civil War
- http://www.tarleton.edu/~kjones/clayton.html Clayton's's Brigade website
|30px||This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|