|25th Regiment Iowa Volunteer Infantry|
Iowa state flag
|Active||September 27, 1862 to June 6, 1865|
Siege of Vicksburg
Battle of Lookout Mountain
Battle of Missionary Ridge
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Atlanta
Battle of Jonesboro
March to the Sea
The 25th Iowa Infantry was organized at Mount Pleasant, Iowa and mustered in for three years of Federal service on September 27, 1862.
The regiment was mustered out on June 6, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
A total of 1136 men served in the 25th Iowa at one time or another during its existence. It suffered 2 officers and 63 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 2 officers and 207 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 274 fatalities.
- Colonel George C. Stone
- List of Iowa Civil War Units
- Iowa in the American Civil War
- http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil509.htm Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/uniainf3.htm#22ndinf The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|