|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
|25th Regiment Indiana Volunteer Infantry|
Flag of the United States, 1865-1867
|Active||August 19, 1861 to July 17, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Shiloh|
Battle of Hatchie's Bridge
Battle of Jonesboro
Battle of Bentonville
- The 25th Indiana Volunteer Infantry was organized at Evansville, Indiana on August 19, 1861.
- Battle of Shiloh
- Battle of Hatchie's Bridge
- Battle of Jonesboro
- Battle of Bentonville
- The regiment mustered out of service on July 17, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment lost 7 officers and 81 enlisted men killed in action or died of wounds and 3 officers and 270 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 361 fatalities.
- Colonel James C. Veatch
- List of Indiana Civil War regiments
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unininf2.htm#25th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|