|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
|26th Regiment Indiana Volunteer Infantry|
Flag of the United States, 1865-1867
|Active||August 31, 1861 to January 15, 1866|
|Engagements||Battle of Prairie Grove|
Siege of Vicksburg
Battle of Stirling's Plantation
Battle of Fort Blakely
- The 26th Indiana Volunteer Infantry was organized at Indianapolis, Indiana on August 31, 1861.
- Battle of Prairie Grove
- Siege of Vicksburg
- Battle of Stirling's Plantation
- Battle of Fort Blakely
- The regiment mustered out of service on January 15, 1866.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment lost 96 enlisted men killed in action or died of wounds and 3 officers and 265 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 364 fatalities.
- Colonel John G. Clark
- List of Indiana Civil War regiments
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unininf2.htm#26th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|