|27th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
Illinois state flag
|Active||August 10, 1861 to September 20, 1864|
|Engagements||Battle of Belmont|
Battle of Stone's River
Battle of Chickamauga
Battle of Missionary Ridge
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Service[edit | edit source]
Total strength and casualties[edit | edit source]
The regiment suffered 7 officers and 96 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 2 officers and 83 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 188 fatalities.
Commanders[edit | edit source]
- Colonel Fazilo A. Harrington
- Colonel Jonathan R. Miles
- Colonel William Schmitt - Mustered out with the regiment.
See also[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Dyer, Frederick Henry (1959). "A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion". The Civil War Archive. New York: Thomas Yoseloff. http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf3.htm#27th.
- "Illinois in the Civil War". Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls. http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/027-fs.htm.
References[edit | edit source]
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.