|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
|29th Regiment Iowa Volunteer Infantry|
Iowa state flag
|Active||December 1, 1862 to August 10, 1865|
The 29th Iowa Infantry was organized at Council Bluffs, Iowa and mustered in for three years of Federal service on December 1, 1862.
The regiment was mustered out on August 10, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
A total of 1485 men served in the 29th Iowa at one time or another during its existence. It suffered 1 officer and 42 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 1 officer and 266 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 310 fatalities.
- Colonel Thomas H. Benton, Jr.
- List of Iowa Civil War Units
- Iowa in the American Civil War
- http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil513.htm Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/uniainf3.htm#22ndinf The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|