|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
|2nd Independent Battery Wisconsin Light Artillery|
|Active||October 10, 1861 to July 10, 1865|
|Engagements||Dix's Peninsula Campaign|
The 2nd Independent Battery was mustered into service at Racine, Wisconsin on October 10, 1861.
The battery was mustered out on July 10, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The 2nd Independent Battery initially recruited 153 officers and men. An additional 42 men were recruited as replacements, for a total of 195 men.
The regiment suffered 12 enlisted men men who died of disease, for a total of 12 fatalities.
- Captain Ernst F. Herzberg
- Captain Charles Beger
- List of Wisconsin Civil War Units
- http://freepages.books.rootsweb.com/~wirockbios/Blue1907/1907-5-WICW.html The Blue Book of the State of Wisconsin Compiled and Published Under the Direction of J. D. Beck, Commissioner of Labor and Industrial Statistics, 1907 Democratic Printing Company, State Printer, Madison, WI 1907
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unwiarty.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/roster/results.asp?image_id=1359 Wisconsin Historical Society after Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865. 2 vols. 1886.
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|