|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
|3rd Iowa Independent Battery Light Artillery|
Iowa state flag
|Active||September 24, 1861 to October 23, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Pea Ridge|
The 3rd Iowa Light Artillery was mustered into Federal service at Dubuque, Iowa for a three year enlistment on September 24, 1861.
The regiment was mustered out of Federal service on October 23, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
A total of 290 men served in the 3rd Iowa Battery at one time or another during its existence. It suffered 3 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 34 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 37 fatalities.
- Captain Mortimer M. Hayden.
- List of Iowa Civil War Units
- Iowa in the American Civil War
- http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil721.htm Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/uniaart.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|