|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (November 2009)|
|5th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Cavalry|
|Active||August 31, 1861 to October 27, 1865|
The 5th Illinois Cavalry was mustered into service at Camp Butler, Illinois on August 31, 1861.
The regiment was mustered out on October 27, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 28 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 5 officers and 414 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 447 fatalities.
- Colonel John McConnells - mustered out October 27, 1865
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilcav1.htm#5th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/cav005-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|