|73rd Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
Illinois state flag
|Active||August 21, 1862 to June 10, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Perryville|
Battle of Stone's River
Siege of Chattanooga
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Jonesboro
Battle of Franklin
Battle of Nashville
73rd Regiment Illinois was organized at Camp Butler, Illinois and mustered into Federal service on August 21, 1862.
The regiment was discharged from service on June 10, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 5 officers and 109 enlisted men who were killed in action or mortally wounded and 167 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 281 fatalities.
- Colonel James F. Jacquess - Mustered out with the regiment.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf5.htm#73rd The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/073-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|