|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (November 2009)|
|76th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
Illinois state flag
|Active||August 22, 1862 to August 4, 1865|
|Engagements||Siege of Vicksburg|
76th Regiment Illinois was organized at Kankakee, Illinois and mustered into Federal service on August 22, 1862.
The regiment was discharged from service on August 4, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 1 officer and 51 enlisted men who were killed in action or mortally wounded and 2 officers and 205 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 259 fatalities.
- Colonel Alonzo W. Mack - Resigned January 7, 1863.
- Colonel Samual T. Busey - Mustered out with the regiment.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf5.htm#76th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/076-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|