|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (November 2009)|
|7th Independent Battery Wisconsin Light Artillery|
|Active||October 4, 1861 to July 6, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Brice's Crossroads|
The 7th Independent Battery was mustered into service at Racine, Wisconsin on October 4, 1861.
The battery was mustered out on July 6, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The 7th Independent Battery initially recruited 158 officers and men. An additional 94 men were recruited as replacements, for a total of 252 men.
The battery suffered 1 officer and 9 enlisted men killed in action or died of wounds and 19 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 29 fatalities.
- Captain Richard R. Griffth
- Captain Harry S. Lee
- Captain Arthur B. Wheelock
- List of Wisconsin Civil War Units
- http://freepages.books.rootsweb.com/~wirockbios/Blue1907/1907-5-WICW.html The Blue Book of the State of Wisconsin Compiled and Published Under the Direction of J. D. Beck, Commissioner of Labor and Industrial Statistics, 1907 Democratic Printing Company, State Printer, Madison, WI 1907
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unwiarty.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.wisconsinhistory.org/roster/results.asp?image_id=1379 Wisconsin Historical Society after Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865. 2 vols. 1886.
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|