|80th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
|Active||August 25, 1862 to June 10, 1865|
|Equipment||Battle of Perryville|
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Siege of Atlanta
Battle of Franklin
Battle of Nashville
The 80th Illinois Infantry was organized at Centralia, Illinois and mustered into Federal service on August 25, 1862.
The regiment was mustered out on June 10, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered the loss of 6 officers and 52 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 160 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 218 fatalities.
- Colonel Thomas G. Allen - Resigned April 21, 1863.
- Lieutenant Colonel Andrew F. Rogers - Discharged November 25, 1864.
- Lieutenant Colonel Erastus N. Bates - Mustered out with the regiment.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf7.htm#80th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/080-fs.htm Illinois in the Cvil war website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|