|8th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry (3 months)|
The 8th Illinois Infantry was mustered at Springfield, Illinois on April 25, 1861. Companies B and C participated in the expedition from Cairo to Little River from June 22-23, 1861.
The regiment mustered out of service in July 25, 1861 at Cairo, Illinois and most personnel were remustered in the 8th Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment (3 Years).
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 3 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 3 fatalities.
- Colonel Richard J. Oglesby - mustered out with the regiment
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf1.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/008-3fs.htm Illinois in the Cvil war website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
pl:8 Ochotniczy Pułk Piechoty Illinois (3 miesiące)