|92nd Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
Illinois state flag
|Active||September 4, 1862 to July 22, 1863|
The 92nd Illinois Infantry was organized at Rockford, Illinois and mustered into Federal service on September 4, 1862.
The regiment was converted to mounted infantry on July 22, 1863 and assigned to Brigadier General John T. Wilder's Lightning Brigade.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 1 officer and 51 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 2 officers and 127 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 181 fatalities.
- Colonel Smith D. Atkins - Mustered out with the regiment.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- 92nd Illinois Infantry homepage
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf7.htm#92nd The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/092-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|