|95th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry|
|Active||September 4, 1862 to August 17, 1865|
|Equipment||Battle of Raymond|
Battle of Jackson
Battle of Champion's Hill
Battle of Big Black River
Siege of Vicksburg
Battle of Pleasant Hill
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battle of Atlanta
Battle of Jonesboro
The 95th Illinois Infantry was organized at Rockford, Illinois and mustered into Federal service on September 4, 1862.
The regiment was mustered out on August 17, 1865 at Galveston, Texas..
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 7 officers and 77 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 1 officer and 204 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 289 fatalities.
- Colonel Lawrence S. Church - Resigned January 24, 1863.
- Colonel Thomas W. Humphrey - Killed in action June 10, 1864.
- Colonel Leander Blanden - Mustered out with the regiment.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf8.htm#95th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/095-fs.htm Illinois in the Cvil war website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|