|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (November 2009)|
|9th Regiment Illinois Volunteer Infantry (3 Months)|
Illinois state flag
|Active||April 26, 1861 to July 26, 1861|
The 9th Illinois Infantry was organized at Springfield, Illinois and mustered into Federal service on April 26, 1861 for a three month enlistment.
The regiment was mustered out on July 26, 1861.
Total strength and casualties
The regiment suffered 9 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 9 fatalities.
- Colonel Eleazar A. Paine - Mustered out with the regiment.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilinf1.htm#9th The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/f&s/009-fs.htm Illinois in the Civil War website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
pl:9 Ochotniczy Pułk Piechoty Illinois (3 miesiące)