|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (November 2009)|
|9th Regiment Iowa Volunteer Cavalry|
Iowa state flag
|Active||November 30, 1863 to March 23, 1866|
The 9th Iowa Cavalry was mustered into Federal service at Davenport, Iowa for a three year enlistment on November 30, 1863.
The regiment was mustered out of Federal service on March 23, 1866.
Total strength and casualties
A total of 1353 men served in the 9th Iowa at one time or another during its existence. It suffered 19 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 165 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 184 fatalities.>
- Colonel Mathew M. Trumbull.
- List of Iowa Civil War Units
- Iowa in the American Civil War
- http://iagenweb.org/civilwar/books/logan/mil609.htm Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
- Iowa Genweb Iowa in the Civil War Project after Logan, Guy E., Roster and Record of Iowa Troops In the Rebellion, Vol. 1
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|