|Battery "B", 1st Regiment Illinois Volunteer Light Artillery|
|Active||May 2, 1861 to July 23, 1864|
|Engagements||Battle of Belmont|
Battle of Shiloh
Battle of Arkansas Post
Battle of Jackson
Battle of Champion Hill
Siege of Vicksburg
Battle of Missionary Ridge
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battery "B" was mustered into service at Chicago, Illinois on May 2, 1861 for three months' service. The battery was re-mustered for three years service at Cairo, Illinois on July 16, 1861.
The battery was mustered out on July 23, 1864 at Chicago, Illinois. Veterans and recruits were transferred to Battery "A", 1st Regiment Illinois Volunteer Light Artillery. The battery was recreated in March, 1865 by the redesignation of Bridges' Independent Battery, Illinois Light Artillery.
Total strength and casualties
The battery suffered 9 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 1 officer and 17 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 27 fatalities.
- Captain Ezra Taylor - promoted to major.
- Captain Israel P. Rumsey - Mustered out with the battery.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilart1.htm#batb The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Dyer, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/acm/art-1b.htm Illinois in the Cvil war website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|