|Battery "C" 1st Michigan Volunteer Light Artillery|
Michigan state flag
|Active||November 23, 1861 to June 22, 1865|
|Equipment||10 pdr Parrott rifles|
|Engagements||Battle of Iuka|
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
March to the Sea
Battery "C" was organized at Grand Rapids, Michigan between November 23 and December 17, 1861. The battery was mustered into Federal service on November 28, 1861.
The battery was mustered out on June 22, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
Over its existence, the battery carried a total of 235 men on its muster rolls.
The battery lost 3 enlisted men killed in action or mortally wounded and 34 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 37 fatalities.
- List of Michigan Civil War Units
- Michigan in the American Civil War
- http://www.michiganinthewar.org/rosters.htm Michigan in the Civil War website, retrieved June 3, 2007)
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unmiarty.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959. Retrieved June 19, 2007.
- http://www.michiganinthewar.org/artillery/1stc.htm Michigan in the Civil War website, retrieved June 3, 2007)
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|