|Battery "E", 1st Regiment Illinois Volunteer Light Artillery|
|Active||December 19, 1861 to July 15, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Shiloh|
Siege of Vicksburg
Battery "E" was mustered into service at Chicago, Illinois on December 19, 1861.
The battery was mustered out on July 15, 1865 .
Total strength and casualties
The battery lost 5 enlisted men who were killed in action or who died of their wounds and 25 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 30 fatalities.
- Captain Allen C. Waterhouse - promoted to major.
- Captain John A. Fitch - promoted to major.
- Captain Orrin W. Cram - Mustered out with the battery.
- List of Illinois Civil War Units
- Illinois in the American Civil War
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unilart1.htm#bate The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Dyer, 1959.
- http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/acm/art-1e.htm Illinois in the Cvil war website after Illinois Adjutant General's muster rolls
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|