|Battery "E" 1st Michigan Volunteer Light Artillery|
Michigan state flag
|Active||December 6, 1861 to July 30, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Nashville|
Battery "E" was organized at Grand Rapids, Albion, and Marshall, Michiganand was mustered into service on December 6, 1861.
The battery was mustered out on July 30, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
Over its existence, the battery carried a total of 333 men on its muster rolls.
The battery lost 33 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 33 fatalities.
- Captain John H. Dennis
- List of Michigan Civil War Units
- Michigan in the American Civil War
- http://www.michiganinthewar.org/rosters.htm Michigan in the Civil War website, retrieved June 3, 2007)
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unmiarty.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959. Retrieved June 19, 2007.
- http://www.michiganinthewar.org/artillery/1ste.htm Michigan in the Civil War website, retrieved June 3, 2007)
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|