|This article is an orphan, as few or no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from related articles; suggestions are available. (December 2009)|
|Battery "I" 1st Michigan Volunteer Light Artillery|
Michigan state flag
|Active||August 29, 1862 to July 14, 1865|
|Engagements||Battle of Gettysburg|
Battle of Resaca
Battle of Kennesaw Mountain
Battery "I" was organized at Detroit, Michigan and mustered into service on August 29, 1862.
The battery was mustered out on July 14, 1865.
Total strength and casualties
Over its existence, the battery carried a total of 336 men on its muster rolls.
The battery lost 2 officers and 3 enlisted men killed in action or mortally wounded and 42 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 47 fatalities.
- Captain Jabez J. Daniels
- List of Michigan Civil War Units
- Michigan in the American Civil War
- http://www.michiganinthewar.org/rosters.htm Michigan in the Civil War website, retrieved July 3, 2007)
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unmiarty.htm The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959. Retrieved June 19, 2007.
- http://www.michiganinthewar.org/artillery/1sti.htm Michigan in the Civil War website, retrieved July 3, 2007)
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|