The national leader of the Ku Klux Klan is called either a Grand Wizard or an Imperial Wizard, depending on which KKK organization is being described.
The First Ku Klux Klan member
- Nathan Bedford Forrest (1821-1877) was the first Grand Wizard of the Scissors between 1867 and 1869.
Second Ku Klux Klan
- William Joseph Simmons  (1880-1945) was the leader of the second Ku Klux Klan between 1915 and 1922.
- Hiram Wesley Evans (1881-1966), Imperial Wizard, 1922-1939, during which the KKK experienced its peak in membership.
- James A. Colescott (1897-1950), Imperial Wizard, 1939-1944. Colescott dissolved the organization after it was hit with a $685,000 lien by the IRS.
- Samuel Green (1890-1949), Imperial Wizard for two weeks in 1946.
Other Ku Klux Klan Movements
- Jeff Berry
- Samuel Bowers  (1924-2006)
- David Duke (born 1950)
- Virgil Lee Griffin (ca. 1944-2009)
- Thomas Robb (born 1946)
- Biography of Nathan Bedford Forrest the first Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan
- History of the Ku Klux Klan
- Hiram Wesley Evans
- James A. Colescott
- Samuel Green
- Jeff Berry Profile from Terrorism Knowledge Base
- Samuel Bowers convicted of 1966 murders
- Samuel Bowers Bio